What's growing?


My "Grow your own" obsession continues. The latest project is a pineapple. It's so easy ( at least in theory): cut the crown, put it in water, wait for the roots to grow, then plant in soil. We'll see if it works. 



I'm not picky what to grow. I simply try every seed, no matter if it's a fruit, vegetable or herb. Some work, some don't. Lemon, apple, and papaya didn't work, but I will try again. 
Avocado and ginger are so easy to grow:





I planted two avocado seeds at the same time, one in water, and one directly into soil. Forget everything you ever saw or read about drilling holes, attaching toothpicks, bla bla. The soil method works equally good. 
Both grew at the same speed and developed leaves. Unfortunately I forgot to water one of them, and most leaves wilted. Hopefully the plant will recover.  







Welcome avaocado number 3.