DIY: Washi Tape Paper Flower Wreath



The first project i shared here on my blog was a wreath. Back then, i did not care for wreaths at all and thought they were stupid, but within the past two years my taste has changed and i LOVE wreaths!

Wreaths are beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, fun, seasonal, ...
I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to wreaths, and at every link party, photos of wreaths are the first ones that catch my attention. Not only are the wreaths freaking fabulous, but so are the creativity and skills of the people who create those wreaths!




Admittedly, i rarely make one, except for Halloween and Christmas, and therefore consider myself a total novice in wreath-making. It would probably be different if we had a little house with a fancy front door. 
Anyway, two weeks ago i woke up at 6 am, and since the number of things one can do that early on a Saturday morning is limited, i decided to get rid of that old wreath from two years ago ( which had been a pain in my eyes for quite a while now), and make a new one in summery colors and with paper flowers. 
I usually cut all my flowers by hand, but the Silhouette Online Store has some beautiful shapes that i wanted to try, and so i let my Cameo do all the work.
I reused the old styrofoam ring, gathered some washi tape, ribbon, pearlhead-pins, paper raffia, brads and the paper flowers, and started my project by sticking washi tape to both sides of the ring. 




Next, i un-twisted the paper raffia to cover the bottom of the styrofoam, then i wrapped yellow ribbon around the the upper part of the ring.


Attaching the flowers was easy-peasy by piercing each flower with a pin and sticking the pin into the styrofoam. For some flowers, i used a brad instead of a pin.


In the next step, i folded a paper ribbon and attached a really cute "home sweet home" sticker that was included in my prize package from the Paper Crafter's Corner giveaway.


And lastly, i attached those little store-bought paper flowers.



And that's it- my first sunny and cheerful wreath! What a difference!

Now tell me, which one do you like better? The old wreath, or the new one? :)